Thursday, August 17, 2006

A feat to emulate

While i was browsing the front page of ET, I saw that Indra Nooyi was appointed as Pepsi's next CEO. She is the first woman of Indian Origin to hold the top post in a Fortune 100 company. And what makes me even proud is that she is from good old chennai, from t nagar, did her schooling here in India in MCC and then went to Yale. Some of her excerpts are enough to motivate even the graveyard inhabitants. "Since I was a woman, I was colored and not of Anmerican Orign, it was thrice as difficult, so I worked thrice as hard to get to this level". It just reminds me of the Stockdale Paradox and she seems to have exemplified that. She had the faith that she would prevail, yet accustomed herself to the difficulties faced in Pepsi and emereged a true winner. India has really gained entry into the top echelons of the corporate world. IK's feat is one to emulate and one to benchmark for each budding manager.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home