Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"Whew!" for some, "Oh no!" for many

We, the 2nd year students of DoMs, IITM had been expecting this comprehensive 22 subject viva covering all the first year subjects to be an easy go if not for a cakewalk. But we were in quite a shock when most of us found that we had to repeat the whole exercise. The department is making a bold step to raise the bar higher so that the students sail thorugh when it comes to fundamental concepts. In my case, I walked into a panel in the which the student success rate was in single digits. When i came out after a 45 minute grilling, i said only one word, -"Whew". I was thorugh. But my reactions were not shared by many. I am sure that the exercise has clearly pointed out each one's shortcomings and brought us all down to earth. We ll be better equipped to handel the placements and definitely wiser!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home